Thursday 26 June 2014

Happy Summer!

It has been a memorable and exciting year, grade 5s!! We have done so much and learned so much. I wish that I could continue to see your growth but unfortunately I will not be returning to Lord Dufferin in September. I have been moved to a new school to teach Grade 3/4 at Gateway PS. I hope for the best for each and every one of you next year in Grade 6! It's been a wonderful year together- have a fun and safe summer!! I will miss you! 

As promised, here is a summer reading list of books I recommend and have enjoyed reading myself! My top 5:

1. "The Secret Garden" by: Frances Burnett 

2. "Island of the Blue Dolphins" by: Scott O'Dell

3. "Number The Stars" by: Lois Lowry 

4. "Maniac McGee" by: Jerry Spinelli 

5. "Matilda" by: Ronald Dahl 

Remember to read daily and PLAY outside everyday this summer, it's your last homework assignment! Happy Summer! 



No comments:

Post a Comment